Wednesday & Friday
- 2.00pm - 4.00pm
Acharya Jagadis Chandra Bose ( 1858-1937 )
- Father of modern science in India.
- Epoch- making discoveries in wirless telegraphy ( basis for all modern telecommunications ).
- Father of plant Neurobiology.
- A Philosopher – influenced by the Philosophy of the Upanishads in his life and works – discovery of basic unity in all forms of life and similarity between living and non-living.
- A patriot who realized importance of Scientific research in national Devolopment.
- An ardent lover of art and culture and a prolific writer.
- "Nirudesher kahini" written by JC Bose – first science fiction book in Bengali.
Lady Abala Bose ( 1864-1951 )
- A worthy wife and a constant companion nituring her illustrious husband, Sir j C Bose
- A social and political reformer, an educationist and a visionary.
- A pioneer in the field of Indian women’s education and emacipation from the clutches of illiteracy.
- Founder of Nari Shiksha samiti and many schools for women educaton and income –generation and the Nivedita Adult Education project.
- Post-independence, Lady Abala Bose’s objective of spreading education and income –generating trainng programmes among the women of the underprivileged section of the society has evolved into a Government Policy.
Artifacts in Acharya Bhaban:
- A rich repository of many personalia and memorabilia of the Bose couple.
- Original instruments, slides, books, and papers of Bose pertaining to his great discoveries in wireless telegraphy ( basis for all modern telecommunications). Basic unity in all forms of life and similarity between living and nonliving (the boseian theory)
- A graceful interior with carved wooden ceilings, antique furniture and sculptures.
- Price less paintings of Bharat Mata and Frescoes on the walls by Nandalal bose and other contemporaries.
- Instrument room, Laboratory, Photography room, Dark room, Library, Study room, students’ suite, Observatory of JC Bose (all original).
- Wooden refrigerator made by Sir Bose.
- Bed room with original fabrics and exclusive sitting room of the Bose couple, kitchen of Lady Bose.
- A special balcony where the scientist used to have discussions with Rabindranath Tagore.
- A marble seat used by Sir and Lady Bose and their friends.
Future Plan :
- Display of all restored artifacts in well – planned galleries with story line.
- New galleries are proposed on the following :-
a. Lady Abala Bose and social development.
b. Acharya Bhaban and the Bengal Renaissance couple.
- Educational Activities :
b. Seminars and conference
c. Workshops and other discussions.
- A virtual tour of the museum (digital display).
1. Price Rs. 150 ( excluding mailing charge) 2. Price Rs. 250 ( excluding mailing charge)